Saturday, May 13, 2006

Even Better


Thursday night I made a nice dinner and decided to crack open a bottle of my favorite chardonnay, to date. I haven't had any Rombauer in quite some time, and it was yummy. I had a second glass last night.

After dinner, we went to the Band Night parade. I wanted to go for nostalgic reasons, because on Band Day fourteen years ago, I first got to know the cute, nerdy trumpet player with the fast car, who is now my husband. We were in the Century High School band, I was the fife player (in the fife & drum corps, which you can't see in the pic below because they're way in front - but you can see them and the color guard in the link above) my senior year. But this is a shot of the band as it is now, and I had to repress the urge to holler, "Looking good, Patriots, WOOOOOOOOO!" at them as they marched by. Or "Guide!" which is only funny if you're a former Patriot. I distinctly remember some former CHS grads yelling that at us, at my first parade, and I thought it was mean and funny at the same time. I still have a little pride for my alma mater, even though my brother is going to make fun of me EXCESSIVELY for it.

Adam M., Katie N., and Cade R. - I know you don't read this blog, but we had some fun that year! I wonder if I can still remember how to play Yankee Doodle on my piccolo...


No comments: