Friday, June 23, 2006

Summer

What is there to do in the summertime? Some knitters quit knitting when the temperature rises, but not I! Instead, I knit lacy socks. This is Pomotamus from Knitty, I'm knitting it on Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Seaside. I've been super busy with work (thanks, Tammie) so it's going pathetically slow. There are three pattern repeats in the leg, and I haven't even finished the first one.


And this is what happens on a hot afternoon when grandma takes the kids, and mom decides to hit the produce store while she's a little bit hungry:

I went a little hog-wild, but at least it's all healthy, right? I also bought a new blender so I can make smoothies. What the heck am I going to do with an entire watermelon?? Can you make watermelon smoothies? Watermelon daiquiris? Hmm... And there WERE more cherries and strawberries, but the boys and I basically ate them for dinner last night. Dan has been in Denver, and was supposed to be home by now, but his flight got cancelled, so now they're driving back. I expect him home around midnight, instead of 12:30 this afternoon. Bah.

1 comment:

Spring said...

Lookin good, Jen!