Thursday, June 26, 2008

Running with the Cows

You've heard of people who run with the bulls in Pamplona, right? Well, not me! I run with the cows near Hawktree. At least there is no chance of getting gored. Here's what they do - I run past, and they watch me, just like this:





Chewin' cud, swishin' tails, and trying to figure out what's chasing me. I need to start taking my camera on runs, so you can see all the cows, squirrels, deer, bunnies, and bullsnakes I encounter. I need to brang me a bow'n arro & shewt me sum LUNCH all up in hurr.



The Y track is closed while they tear out the north wall and make our YMCA officially Freakin' Huge, so I have to run outside. I can't do it during normal hours because of lack of child care, so I got up early whilst everyone was still sleeping, and was on the road by 6 this morning.

Well. I knew this already, but it's very hilly where I live. At first it's fine - almost all downhills. So the out: good. The back: not so good. But that's ok. Hills are good for my training. Maybe not so much in 80% humidity though.





See this cute little bouquet of flowers? DJ made it for me with Legos. They got a bunch of oddly shaped Legos during their visit to LegoLand in Minneapolis a few weeks ago.

And now...

Seven-Year-Old Wisdom:
DJ: I just tasted myself, and I taste DISGUSTING!

Three-Year-Old Wisdom:
(while he was sitting on the potty, I noticed an eyelash on his face, so I grabbed it)
Me: OK, blow, and make a wish.
Mason: (blow)
Me: What did you wish for?
Mason: Ummm, a house.
Me: We already have a house, silly!
Mason: A door?
Me: We have lots of doors.
(pause)
Me: How about World Peace?
Mason: (looking excited) We don't have any of that!!

11 comments:

Viv said...

Aww the flowers of legos are so sweet. LOL at running with the cows! You are a woman so you run with women animals. WT get up early and get a run in.

*Lissa* said...

You're funny!! You are so good to get up early before everyone wakes up... I keep telling myself that is what I should do, but that is about as far as I have got! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Those cows are pretty attractive, as cows go!

Amy said...

I would love to run around there. Cows? Cows are cool. I just get to see dogs, cats, squirrels and birds. Pretty boring as animal life goes.

Tammy said...

The cows and horses are cool, but I love running past this goat farm on my long runs.

Love the Lego flowers. All I ever got was dandelions!

Amy said...

And I love the 7 year old and 3 year old wisdom. Too funny.

Delane said...

I think I'm going to snap the bums on my next run!!!


I wish I had some country side to run in.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Chewing Cud...that made me lol!

Julia said...

I would be the moron mooing at the cows when I run by them, then laughing maniacally to myself.

<------twisted

I love the Lego Bouquet, and the wisdom!

MePlusMyThree said...

I love the lego bouquet!

Diario de Elysia said...

LMAO at "world peace?"