Saturday, July 22, 2006

Progress

I'm overdue for some knitting progress pictures, so here you go! The first is Pomatomus, knitted in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Seaside. It's very slow-going, I've finished the leg and just started the heel.


And this is my progress so far on Tempting II, which I'm knitting in TLC's Cotton Plus in Spruce. It's for the Sexy Knitters Club knitalong. It's supposed to be stretchy, but right now it looks impossibly tiny, I'm not sure it's ever going to fit me. So far I have 9 inches of the body, I need to knit 7 more inches before I can start the sleeves. It seems like it's taking me forever, but I need to remind myself that it's knit in the round. Every sweater I've made so far has been knit in pieces, so you knit the whole front, then the whole back, which get sewn together later.


Today I ordered yarn for the Big Sack Sweater from Stitch 'n Bitch. It calls for Rowanspun Chunky, which is discontinued, but I found it on ebay for a great price. I got the Fern shade, which is a deep olive green - yummy!

3 comments:

Sherocious said...

very pretty! Can't wait to see the finished products.

Also - how are my little dish cloths coming? ;) j/k

Jen said...

LOL. I have so not even started them yet. :) Or bought yarn, for that matter. I'm gonna try to get them done so I can give them to you for Xmas. OK, dollface?

Anonymous said...

i like the striping on your pomatoomawhosis (i give up!).
If you ever get out to Grand Forks, come knit with our fledgeling s'n'b!