Friday, June 15, 2007

Puppy Pics!

Introducing Tug, the newest member of our family! Dan decided to do a "mama and doggie" photo session. We picked him up yesterday from Randi's Rotts. THANK you Randi!





I love the sequence of these two below - he got pretty comfortable on my lap!



He was such a good boy on the trip home from Minot! I couldn't let him cry in the carrier, so I held him most of the trip. We stopped every half hour or so, so he could run around in the grass and relieve himself. He didn't pee in the Jeep even once!

Just like children, everyone wants to know about elimination training and sleep, so here's that info:

Last night he did great in the crate by himself... from 10 until about 1:30. After that, neither he nor I slept at all, and I got up every 2 hours to take him out. It's so hard not to just pick him up and let him sleep cuddled up next to me, but we know you shouldn't let a puppy do something you wouldn't want a full-grown dog to do!

He is figuring out that when we go out to a certain spot in the backyard, he should go potty. So far, he has done it every time.

So that's my update. I'm sure we will have loads more pictures to come! It's just like having a new baby, except without the postpartum blues and... oops, too much information. You can probably guess the other stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaawwwww, Jen, how awesome! And welcome to Tug, the newest member of the family! He's so cute.
Just love the 2 pics of Tug on your lap. They're probably taken just seconds apart...first he's awake and getting used to the new location, and next, out like a light!

I think Tug has found his favorite resting spot!

Kristin said...

he is sooo cute!!! I just wanna come and snuggle him. We have to set a time/date that we can get together next week.

Hopefully the two of you will get some more sleep tonight...

Unknown said...

He's sooooooooooo friggin cute! I just wanna cover him with kisses!!