Friday, March 11, 2005

Out of the Fog


A fashion maven, even then. Circa 1978. Posted by Hello

Alright, I think, finally, things are going to start looking up soon!

First was the insomnia, I mentioned that already. After that, we all got sick. I got lucky and my cold turned into a sinus infection. On the day of Mason's baptism (Sunday), mom took me to the clinic and I got three drugs: an antibiotic, some Flonase, and a cough/decongestant/narcotic syrup. The narcotic stuff was supposed to clear my nose and help me sleep. It didn't. Instead, I got impossibly drowsy, but couldn't sleep. The antibiotic started doing its job, but yesterday it started doing a different, highly unpleasant job. It gave me diarrhea - really nasty, every-20-minutes stuff. So I was going to go back into the clinic but decided my own doctor was better, which meant I had to wait an hour. She sent me away with some Zithromax and instructions to not eat dairy (I haven't had milk in ages) and to eat lots of bananas (I'm allergic to those, thanks).

Well, last night I slept like a rock - from about 9:30 until 6:30 this morning. I still have the Big D, but it's not like it was yesterday. So, $170 later, I think I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Oh, and I got my period back yesterday, too. I had to cancel my lecture at the University this week, so I'm doing it 3/21 instead. Mason finally got his shots this morning, too - supposedly his 4-month ones, but first he was sick, then I was sick, then his pediatrician was in an accident and hurt his back, & so we saw a different one today (my own doctor's husband), and Mason's now almost 5 months old.

Oh well, at least I found time to BLOG, right?

No comments: