Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Listening - a double dose!



This CD - "Wicked" Original 2003 Cast Recording - has taken top spot in my car. I think I'm obsessed with it! In a good way. I just finished reading the book upon which the musical was based. It all started when I got the latest Lorie Line book, Now and Then, for Christmas from my mom, and two pieces from "Wicked" are in it. I fell in love with the music with the first measure of "For Good".




I just LOVE this CD. "Trouble" by Ray Lamontagne. There aren't too many tunes on it I don't like! My favorite is "Shelter", but I also love "Trouble", "Narrow Escape" and "How Come". It's one of the few CDs I can listen to, front to back, without skipping any tracks or getting tired of it. A review done in O Magazine said at first she (I can't remember the singer who reviewed it) couldn't tell if the singer was male or female, white or black, and she liked that. I agree. If you liked the Amos Lee CD below, you'll love Ray.

No comments: